Mike,on page 16 of the fishing pamphlet the last paragraph under,Harvest Rules, it says, You may not continue to fish for salmon after the adult portion of the daily limit(freshwater)has been retained.
Then on page58,in the food fish section under the salmon heading it again says,anglers may not continue to fish for Salmon after the adult portion of the daily limit has been retained.
I may be wrong but I would believe that once you reach a limit thats your limit.You must quit fishing for salmon.You cant go to a different river and get another limit,or make up the difference.
Trout is a gamefish,and salmon are a foodfish.I believe that is where the difference is in our interpretation.
One thing I'm sure of is that its another vague area of the rules.But I would damn sure want to hear it from the horses mouth before I limited on one river and then went to another river to finish reaching the limit for that river.
No offense intended,just wanted to give my point of view.An answer from the people in Oly would be nice. confused