In addition to being versatile with things you know are commonly productive, I strongly suggest that you start experimenting with other things you don't normally use, or things you have innovated, when the fish are in thick - as was the case this fall. If you discipline yourself to put away the best couple things catching fish you have a golden opportunity to really learn things fast. Not just methods but also experimenting with scents and cures; this was a great fall do 'study' - both what worked and what didn't.

I don't do much bank angling but have done more in the last couple years - especially fun on smaller rivers with floats and jigs/worms. The 'Wizzard of the Wilson' Mark Anderson, carries 4 rods to most of the bank holes we go to. From a long distance he must look like a big porcupine, except he moves too fast. He has 3 rods rigged with a float; 2 with different colored jig patterns and 1 with a pink worm. The 4th rod is rigged to drift fish such as corky and eggs. He fishes like a machine, rotating rods until he gets bites. The way I slip in my slick soled boots I dare only carry 2 rods. One for float fishing and one for driftfishing; both for falling on sometimes rolleyes . But I have a lot of other things along to quickly change over to. Including plugs to use in some bank angling situations.

RT