Mr. Yarf'em,

How many times must I appologize for a poor attempt at humor? Also be aware that I clearly had in my transcript of that column sent in to STS a sentence that disclaimed that paragraph as being just a joke - and the copy dept. somehow left it out of my column in the final edtion in the magazine (perhaps because it was after 3 dots ... as I often use in my writing here. Someone there may have thought the sentence was an explaination to them, when it clearly was part of my column). I had e-mailed that column out to a few people for opinions before the Dec./Jan. issue ever came out. Those people have seen the joke disclaimer sentence; as have the proper people now at STS. They have said this will be explained in the next issue.

As for holding me responsible for such an extremely unlikely act on a river, rather than appropriately holding responsible such an utter idiot that might possibly do such a thing, you go ahead and foolishly hold me responsible. I would then expect you to hold the Constitution of the U.S., and all gun manufactures, responsible for all murders. Similar type of misdirected lack of understanding!

Anything more than that need to be said?

RT

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: RT ]