Traditionally, I'm no big producer during the salmon and steelie seasons but the last two weeks have been pretty awsome for me. I tied up a bunch of "flies" with 1/16 oz nickel plated dumbell eyes, silver diamond braid, or cerise estaz (cactus chenille) bodies, two turns of cerise x-cut bunny or cerise marabou, and one or two turns or orange maribou for the collar, a cerise saddle or schlappen overcollar finishes it. I use hot pink or hot orange thread.
I hit three steelhead in the first run I fished on Sat. (or course not another SH the rest of the float) and a bunch of silvers in the slow pools. Yesterday on another stream, hit two steelies (both wild and released) and again a slug of silvers. Weeks prior to this I used this color combo and stripped it through the frog water with sivers banging it heavy every day and a fwe steelies along the way.
The silvers take it on a floating line, long leader, and a slow stip through the back eddies and slow pools. I fish it under a small cork float in the slots for steelies.
For whatever reason, I've never used these two colors together before but I'm convinced it's a good producer. I'm sure many of you already use it, but if not try some with the jig technique (or on the long fly rods) and see what happens.