Stormin,
Thanks for your reply, I was wondering if anyone was going to post a reply. My post above wasn't meant to open the gaping, bleeding wound again, just to see if people would come to the table with some sensible and legal soloutions, not just bi*ch and gripe about it. We all know what it is doing to the runs of fish, and hear and see the horror stories attributed to the issue. Here is my soloution:

Might get "yelled at" for this suggestion, but somewhat agreed with it when a buddy of mine brought it up. Speaking on the issue of compensating the tribes for less nets or no nets he proposed this:

A small hike in the cost of a fishing license, all of which goes to compensating the tribes for less nets or no nets on the rivers. Of course the tribes may be unhappy about less nets or no nets, but the money generated from a small increase in licenses could be compensation, and they could feel satisfied being that the sport fisherman who have to buy the license at an increased rate are doing so as part of a compromise. Sure we are out a few more dollars or cents, but a soloution is a soloution right? Thoughts?

-George Orwell