I think you need to keep some of the smaller rivers off the net, but rivers like the Nooch will be crowded regardless of any reports on the net. Do you really think all the fisherman out there are reading these boards..give me a break. When the fish are in word spreads via phones, tackle shops, local stores etc and the people show up. Additionally, those who know how to catch fish also know when to show up on certain river systems looking for them. don't give something more power than it really has.

I also don't think the people who are so called lurking are always just trying nab the hot river type information. Some boards have taken on a clannish type atmosphere and if there are not specific topics that a person has something relevant to post on then they really have no reason to post. Besides, If they are trying to get the " what river is hot" information and they are reading this board looking for it they are a day late and a dollar short anyhow. We all have seen rivers hot on Saturday and slow on Sunday or vice versa -

If you looking for a report from the boards on how the fishin is on a specific river take this into consideration.. when people aren't getting fish they come on the board and post "whats up with the nooch. I fished it and saw 20 boats and nobody had fish, where are the fish??!?!?!". if you don't see people whinning I would bet there are fish being caught.

peace out