Here is a safety tip for you guys that own newer inboard jet boats powered by V-8s and run in rivers that have a lot of drift boat traffic

Most of the new boats have mufflers and turn downs so the exhaust exits below the water line. This is makes for a nice quiet ride. The down side to this is other boaters cant hear you coming. I suggest that you guys either get less effient mufflers or remove the down turns.

The reason I suggest is I was almost ran over by jet boat yesterday while in my drift boat. I was plugging a slot on the inside of a corner. In that paticlar corner there is an island right in the middle of the river. Tere is enough depth on either side if the small island to run a jet boat through there if it was on plane. There was one drift boat in the channel on the outside of the island and onther just downstream of the island on the same side. As Im plugging along all of a sudden a big blue sled comes around the corner on my side of the river. I didnt even hear it coming. The driver of the sled had to cut it hard towards the other channel whick was wide enough to pass the other drift boat safeley. He almost ran aground on the lower end of the island trying to avoid me. He was about 40 feet from me when he turned away. After he went on up the river he turned around to apologize about getting so close to us. I told him there was no need because he did nothing wrong.

If I had been able to hear him coming I could have moved over befor he got there and that close call would not have happened.

Most other boats are loud enough to hear coming from a long ways off. Most of the newer inboards are too quiet.