Fished with a guide out of Cathlamet Friday. We had at least a dozen hits on kwikfish, with only two getting into the boat (two other fish landed on trolled herring). No fish lost ruing sustained fight, just not hooking up to begin with (yes, we were waiting for the full take down & run out before trying to set hook). Guide was using factory treble hooks, & was sharpening them. I asked him to rig up with siwash hooks but he did not believe in them. So trying previous advise gained from Silver Hilton on this BB, I switched my own kwikies SAt & Sun to 3-0 siwash attached to the split ring with a barrel swivel.
(SH actually recommended eliminating the split ring entirely & attach barrel swivel to lure eyes after prying them open but I got lazy as felt was achiving the same basic strategy)
Hook-up percentages increased dramatically after doing this & other boats near me who also were using siwash instead of treble hooks were also having high % success with them. Thanks again Silver Hilton for the good advice!
The guide gave defintly put us on the fish, we were getting many more hits/take downs than most, but we would have more fish in the freezer if he were willing to change hook styles.