I am not being hateful and definitely not a racist. Just don't see why some should get everything handed to them while we have Vet's in the streets going without food or shelter. Our older generation can barely make it on our Medicare system and our public schools are crap!!! I have been in three conflicts supporting this country and it's way of life while I did my time in the Army...Whoooa! (Saudi, Somalia, Haiti..and the People of Miami after Hurricane Andrew). I think that I am just as much of a NATIVE AMERICAN as anyone!

Now you can take the article anyway you see fit. But I think that our tax dollars should be going to the people that need it the most. I agree there should be some sort of compensation for the Native Americans but last time I checked if you were born here doesn't that make you native???

I didn't put this post up to get you all pissed. It was mainly for the fact that even though OUR NATIVE salmon species are dwindling and because of the farm raised fish that the local tribes are "loosing money". rolleyes rolleyes And they want the Federal Government to develop a foreign market for the wild fish with our tax dollars. How's about using some of the money they are making and try to develop a market themselves?

Maybe they can slow down on the netting and keep up with the times? If they (commercial and tribal) don't come up with something else there will be no fish left! With the population growing we WILL need to find more ways to keep feeding people!

Keep your head in the sand and think that I am just bashing the Indians. Things that happened in the past are just that...The past. We can learn from them and move on and we will all be better people.

Now go fishin' smile