The world eats fish.The united states is the third largest buyer of fish next to the chinease and the japanease.The population of all three of us is growing I do not know exactly how fast but too fast for the worlds reasorces with the spoiled mentality we have become acustomed to.

As much as people are crying about the economy it is good which keeps a good price in the market.

The f/t I worked on made the parent company millions a season.Durring the winter we made our money just like the indians stripping chums for the roe,we stripped pollack for the roe.Actually we were required to have I think it was a ratio of 17% roe to flesh.Dont think we didnt high grade buy stripping fish in the sorting room and dumping low grade row.The bottom line is that we left a trail of hundreds of TONS wasted fish behind us the whole time.

After the american waters slowed the world went to russian waters where there was next to no regulations and for a small fee you could rape and piliage there waters.The sarimy boats{I doubt I am spelling that right but this is your artificial crab meat}can procces just about any size fish can nock out a stock real quick by dropping mesh sizes and keeping everything.The fish is essentialy cooked down for its protien so the filet machines do not have to be accurate at all and can chew threw I am guessing 50 tons of fish a day.It is insane and gross but wil not go away because of the money involved.