For those of you who smoke your own meats and cheeses with the Little Chief, BE CAREFUL! I just got through putting out a big fire mine started. Burnt the crap out of my right ring finger, but no damage to the house. Thank God. I was making some jerky and smoking cheese. Some how the smoker got too hot and melted the cheese which was outside the smoker on top of the lid. The melted cheese caught fire and sent both boxes up too. I happened to look out the door and saw flames heading for the carport. This is the first fire I have had, in over twenty years of smoking, ten of my own, ten of my Dad's. I think I will chuck my boxes and use just the frame. Or maybe build a light metal one to fit over the smoker. Or maybe it is just time to build the big one I have been putting off. Oh, I was using the chips and chunks and small chunks of hickory wood. Just a warning to those all who do use smokers, from one lucky smoker. Guess this puts a new spin on the fish recipes I gave on another topic post. I guess I could call it Cajun smoking.