My post may be too little - too late but here goes.
I use a Garmin Etrex Venture. Runs about 140.00 I think. Will do all you asked and more. I use mine in a cellphone holder (hardmount thingy) in the boat and in the side of my pack when mountain biking and stream fishing - marking trails and fishing holes (and altitudes). The people who comlained about the etrex series (sorry HBP) didnt read their manual properly as the issues they had are non issues with proper use. I can troll for 8 hours and see my exact course (5m accuracy on the water) throughout the entire day(and not have it wrap(you do have to save or clear your route every day or so as it only has so much memory) - and you can pick a course anywhere on your "route" or breadcrumb and navigate directly there - again sorry HBP).

I cant tell you how happy I am with mine. It is waterproof and durable, reliable, easy to use, has great software available, is firmware upgradable (mine developed new features such as area calculation with my last free update and the cable is included!)

With the mapsource software for it you can download your waypoints and routes to your computer (and display them there). You can overlay your whole years boating history - every pass you have made - everywhere. Every strike you had last summer, where you caught each fish... Once you have some data to overlay on the big map on the computer - it becomes even more powerful. You can plot routes on your computer (based on previoius days out) and transfer them to your gps. I could go on all day.