Bob, et al;

I applaud your efforts to show the public what is really going on out there. However, don't forget the average "nonfishing joe" won't see the difference between the Indian's nets and the protester's hooks. All they'll see is that you're jealous the Indians can fish and you can't. Pickled Herring makes a good suggestion about not using hooks at all. If the protesters are holding signs stating, "Give the fish a chance," while holding a rod trying to hook a fish, the public won't understand. Sure we as sportsmen understand, but the general public won't. And what we really need is public support.

I agree with what LittleZoZo said in another thread about a certain degree of civil disobediance. Instead of "fishing" I think perhaps you should all be on a nice boating trip and "accidently" get a few nets caught on the skeg of your boat. After removing the offensive net and finding a few unfortunate fish entangled, those fish could be donated to a local charity.

In another thread concerning the Indians raping the land, fromcuthroattosteelies relayed a story about his 5th grade students believing Indians to be more respectful of the natural resources than the "whiteman." To be engrained with such beliefs at that age is surely the result of Hollywood. I believe kids are taught this in movies, cartoons, comics, etc. Of course we that hunt and fish in the Pacific Northwest know the real deal. However, again the general public does not.

Educating the public is key. I haven't a clue how to do that, though. There's people out there a lot smarter than me to figure that stuff out. But the public really needs to see what the Indians are doing to our resources and get out of that "because they were here first they must know what's best" attitude. Somehow it needs to become a key political issue.