Just wanted to give an update and closure to my stolen fishing equipment story.
Long story short:
GPS, VHF Radio, Downriggers and battery stolen from my boat a month or so ago. While the knuckleheads were ripping the battery out they crossed the wires or shorted it out somehow, but the wiring harness in the big motor burnt up, fried the starter and screwed up the electronic control module. Took the boat to "Olympic Boat Center" in Fife to get that fixed. While the boat was there getting repaired, someone cut a hole in the fence and stole by merc 9.9 4-stroke motor.!!! mad
Now you are probably thinking that Olympic Boat Center would be liable? eek WRONG!!! Guess I didn't read the fine print...... mad
OK Here's the end of the story.....
Thank God for Insurance!
My insurance company is USAA...They totally came thru for me.
Boat is fixed, all items replaced with little or no hassel.
Lessons Learned.
Don't get complacent and leave anything in your boat that a theiving drug dependent user could steal even if it's locked up.
We got calls from 5 different boat dealers in the area saying someone had come in and tried to sell them my motor. The boat dealers looked up the VIN and since it was registered to me, called us and the police. Last I heard, the police had a description of the people, description of the car and license plate, but still nobody has been arrested.
I guess the bottom line is to take your electronics, downriggers and anything else they could rip-off and store them safely in your garage or house...
I'm back out fishing again, see you all out there and be careful.
Fish-On. wink