I just bought a 1143C GL3 and am very happy with it! I am still trying to get used to the lighter tip section compared with my last rod. The take seems much slower, the tip loads and feels sort of spongy where my last rod, with the faster tip section, transmitted that to the handle more efficiently. That I believe is due to the extra legnth. In exchange though it is easy to keep your line up out of the current on long casts.
I have had several fish on so far, and IMO the butt section is too light. This rod wasn't designed for horsing fish. I don't horse fish around all the time but some extra power is nice to have in reserve.
After all that... I am very happy with the rod and actually would only make minor changes to suit my style of fishing. To me the 1143 is the rod of choice over a 1141 anyday.
Good luck!
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.