first off I don't ware my neoprenes anymore. I go with breathable waders because they are so much less restictive. I purchased the hodgmans at 95 bucks and have had them 5 years. They have had a serious pounding in that span and have held up ok. They have a pin hole size leek in the crotch which leeks a few drops during a long fishing day but only when I'm waist deep. Under the waders I did not scrimp. Patagonia capeilne underware, capeline longjohns and capeline long sleeve undershirt. Patagonia socks, Solartec Fleece pants, a LLBean form fitting 200 weight sweatshirt followed if really cold by a Cabellas polartec 300 vest. It raining I'll put on my Patagonia gortex wading jacket. An overkill? Not really. Called layering and items can be removed by layer if not needed. I found that after several years of cotton sweatshirts getting wet and them staying cold and clamy all day that I needed to invest. It took several years but it's a done deal. I have not been cold or wet since. Oh I forgot. Simms boots with cleats and a fleece hat. I don't fall anymore either.