Ironhead, Richland eh? Say howdy to my buddy Dennis Soldat if you see him.
I took a bath on my 20'x6' Thorbuilt sled partially because of poor name recognition but mainly due to the fact that it was not built very well.
It was a 1998 hull that I had to have welded a couple of times and it's not like I go around crashing into stuff. The aluminum trailer was also an issue as it too had to go to the weld shop when it buckled in the middle. I added some metal to the trailer for a permanent fix but it is the last aluminum trailer that I will ever own!
I could not in good faith sell a leaking boat for top dollar. I discussed the problem with the new owner and I know he too plans to visit the weld shop with it.
In fairness, the boat fished almost as well as my new Alumaweld. Also, Thorbuilt is now under new management and I've heard that the old quality problems are history.
I'll never again buy an off brand boat to "save money". It's false economy at best when you consider the time and coin it took to repeatedly service the hull in addition to the poor resale value.
If you buy a Alumaweld from Three Rivers Marine they will be there to back up their product. If you buy "Fred's Sled" who's gonna be there for you?
Good Luck, T.