Geez CF....I should wait until I get up at 4am to read your voluminous conspiracy theory.

(4) The funds received from the sale of catch record cards must be deposited into the wildlife fund.

I think this issue is pretty simple. The WDFW budget was getting sucked out by politicians for other BS programs in this state. Sports people who DO things...worked to support this idea to give back some money that is earmarked for WDFW and not Frank Chopp and Gary Locke to spend on some insane entitlement. What WDFW does with the money , as I said earlier, remains to be seen.
And are you really shocked that a government agency or a politician would say one thing and do a completely different thing. Like the lottery paying for schools.HAHAHAHAHA....Or Gary Locke proclaiming to be the education governor and then fighting to lower teacher's pay....Fishing is embroiled in politics unfortunately and that is why we need organizations like RFA and PSA (and many others that I don't belong to) to fight the political fight.

If you don't like this minor battle won then go fight along side the rest of us and come up with a better idea.

And Aunty, I am not convinced that the land acquisitions by WDFW are sinister or not worthwhile. Maybe you could ask whomever in WDFW is responsible for real estate to answer from their perspective and we could debate instead of accuse them of some conspiracy. Don't get me wrong I like conspiracies! I prefer to blame Washington Trout for everything bad though...OH...and the Democrats.