I went to blue creek wednesday and thursday.
Got up around 10:00 picked up my new custom Saint Croix noodle(which I didnt use), bought some sinkers and swivels, checked out the barrier and headed to the mad house. I started fishing about 12:00 just past the downed alder. Caught one right off the bat then proceeded to loose 7 fish, two came unhooked, three got me in the rocks, one busted me off on the strike and one I lost to some guy fishing with a 3/0 rusty hook and a huge corky with about a 20 pound test leader that didnt real up when I hollered fish coming down (this is typical of my first trip to the madhouse every year). Then I finally landed my second fish but it was only about 4 pounds so I let it go. About 7:00 I landed another nice chromer and was done for the day.
Thursday I started fishing about 10:00. I started fishing down by the wall. The day before people were hooking fish every 5 minutes down there so i thought I would have some fun, but the spot I got into which was great the day before was loaded with line on thursday and the guys on the point were not hooking jack, the fish just were not there like the day before. So I went back up to my previous spot i fished on wednesday banged out two fish and headed home.

As ussual there was some real winners fishing down there that need to fish the kiddy pool before they get in with the crowd.

Rule #1
Cast in order! The guy fishing the bottom of the hole sets the pace. He cast first then the next guy and so on and so forth. This time proven order insures less tangles and more fish landed.
Appendix A: If your the guy at the bottom of the hole Quit day dreaming and CAST!!!

Rule #2 if you are one of the two mexicans that were fishing the top of the hole QUIT CASTING DOWN RIVER!!!

Rule #3
If your the big guy in the white tee shirt fishing below the mexicans that was tangled in my line several times. Quite letting line out and hanging in the drift so long. I wasnt casting that far up river and I could see your rig below me which was a lot further then your cast would put your rig!

Rule#4
If your the guy that was fishing too my right. your would not be getting tangled with somebody every fricking cast if you were using at least 7/8ths and QUIT CASTING SO FAR UP RIVER!!! I wanted to fish closer too but that is kind of impossible with so many people there.

Rule #5
If Your the guy with the rusty hooks. buy some new hooks! and pay attention

To the other 5 people in the hole It was A pleasure fishing with you there and I wasnt using corkies.
laugh