Originally posted by JacobF:
Quote:
What the Clinton Administration is guilty of is Enron like bookkeeping for the budget.

The "surplus" was a combination of two things. One of them was creative accounting. The other was revenue "projections". The little idiot bean counters sitting up in Washington sat down and said "We're bringing in this much money now and our growth rate is 6%, so when deciding how much money we have we're gonna assume this unnatural and unsustainable 6% growth rate is going to keep going" which is simply stupid.
Quote:

There was no "surplus" and there sure as hell wasn't a balanced budget. They were borrowing on money that had not and would not come in. So all those great times during the "good ol days" before your number one arch enemy GWB came into office were a FARCE.
That's the first time I have heard that. The surplus disappeared in Georgies hot little hands. No one, other than Georgie, and apparently you, dispute that the surplus was real, and that the deficit that we are now in is far too real.

And it also sounds like revisionist history, and it sure looks like Orwell's 1984 to me.

Quote:
Could you show me one statement by Bush or anyone in his administration where he even implies he wants to destroy our national forests?
http://www.nrdc.org/land/forests/qroadless.asp#7

http://www.gptaskforce.org/article.php?id=120

Quote:
He did not trash Iraq or Afghanistan for his "buddies". Afghanistan was harboring Osama Bin Laden. You probably don't remember this, but on September 11, 2001, a terrorist group called Al'Queida who is led by that Osama Bin Laden attacked our country. More people died from that than were killed at Pearl Harbor. The group that led Afghanistan was called the Taliban. We tried to negotiate with them to hand Bin Laden over to us (remember, that the government of Sudan offered us Bin Laden, but Clinton turned it down) but they wouldn't comply so we attacked.
I find it very interesting that we have never been able to prove the connection between Afganistan and 9/11 until after we bombed it.
But if you want to look at the books, Halliburton wanted to put an oil pipeline across the country, but only after the country was 'stable'.

Quote:

As for Iraq. All the points have been made. We know Saddam had WMDs and since nothing can just cease to exist, we know they're still out there.
And yes, it is 1984, and the Enemy is out there, and we have to keep making weapons. It should be soon when we catch him. Here eat a little soylent green and go back to your job at the Ministry of Information.

Rob
who prefers to live in a time in which misinformation does not exist, and our country is at war with a named party.