I have not tried this on steehead, but I'm sure it will work great when properly presented. I have used this on rockfish and trout and its worked just fine and I've even had one fish take both hooks at once several times. Though it would be nice to be able to fish two jigs or a fly and a jig for steelhead without any problems, but that doesn't seem to be the case very often when using two jigs. I too think that the fly on the dropper with a jig below would be the most productive way to fish this rig. I fish floats 50% of my time on the river and will give this a shot next time I'm out. I think I will fish the dropper with between two and four inches of leader off a small three way. I think that anymore than maybe six inches is too much excess line and just creates more tangles. I think that when fishing a dropper set-up like that, that a lighter, stiffer line should be used on the dropper, but correct me if I'm wrong please.

What about using an aero-fly off the dropper or just under a float by itself with some shot on the line. Any thoughts on this anyone?

Great topic Fun5Acres!!! Chris (aka GFB)