I remember a few years ago I was at La Push watching the Indiaans come in with their catch. Looking into the bed of a truck was a plastic bin about 4 feet square and about 4 feet tall. It was filled to the brim with native steel head. One days catch for one Indian set. I remember thinking " if I were a native bonker there are more fish in that bin taken in one day than I would take in a life time."

I don't think It's an issue of C&R or bonking I think it's an issue of what's right. The only management technique the state seems to use is shut down the sports guys. The Indians and the commercials never get touched. The reason !!! Because it's easy.... The comercial guys threaten to Sue and are in bed with the commision. The wsfw is affraid of the indians, so they pick on us. We are not united, There are many groups and they are mostly never willing to give an inch to another. So the game dept. sticks it to us.

I'm not saying we need to keep killing native steelhead but!!!!

If we don't unite soon what we have now will become a memory. I think we should fight this tooth and nail to try and keep some control of our rights if not they will be gone. After all this is our fishery also.