You make some really good points Hairlip.

Now let's see who the spin doctors will be to attract your comments. Now that Bruce has made all the transcripts available to read, everyone can ask Todd or any other member what they think of the transcribe records of the meeting. To darn bad we didn't have those transcripts before Bob had to shut down the "other" thread.

There is much to talk about, and I am glad to see that you have taken the time to read that transcript. I hear that its been sent out to the press, and several hunting and fishing publications to review. It's about time that the sport fishermen get an opportunity to see why some rules that make no sense to many get put into our fish and game rules.

I have noticed that the ones who where carrying the sword have fallen back a pace or two once the real story became public. I am glad to see that we are all now talking about the "facts" instead of about a discussion of each other.

I see that Jerry has now stated

Quote:
The WSC met with 7 of the 8 commissioners in the month before the Feb. 6th commission meeting.
I wonder why Jerry or the other WSC members didn't come out and tell the board that on the first thread" Wild Steelhead Kill Outlawed in WA for 2 Yrs!" ? Seems to me that there were some 670 posts made before the thread was locked up, and I don't recall the fact that WSC ever admitted that they had meet with 7 of the 8 Commissioners. I could be wrong, so if someone wants to go back through all those posts, maybe that issue can be cleared up.

I wonder if WSC told the commissioners the facts that were stated by the well known and highly respected member "Smalma"? He just posted this on the thread "Best Organization?"
Quote:
In fact the last question of the survey asked what folks thought the annual limit and daily limit should be for wild steelhead. This is the most germane facet of the survey. It gets directly at the issue of angler support of mandatory WSR. If most supported mandatory WSR as you suggest then more than 50% would have picked an daily limit of wild steelhead of ZERO. However more than 70% opted for a daily of 1 or more wild steelhead.

This would seem to suggest that many anglers are willing to accept WSR when there are hatchery fish for harvest but they still may wish to reserve some opportunity for wild fish harvest, especially if they are the only game in town.

My understanding that WSC and your allies couched your arguments to the Commission in support of WSR on recovering depressed wild stocks and protection of the few remaining "healthy" stocks - biological arguments if you will. This continuing after the fact trying to justify the change based on the "urban legend" of widespread support for mandatory WSR or that WSR will support more recreation are examples of revisionary history and only serve to discredit your original position.

Tight lines
S malma
Would all of those Commissioners still have voted for WSR if they had been given that same information? Maybe that's why we were supposed to have an open and public comment period before any special agendas are slipped to a vote!

Good job!

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????