. . . and you know what I mean. :-)

My father is here from Nevada visiting for the next few weeks, and brought his 19' Gregor with him. He just picked up a couple of new crab traps this weekend, and is anxious to use them.

He's staying with me and I live in north Seattle, where the Shilshole ramp is easily accessible. He could/would go north, too, as far as, say, Kayak.

I have never been crabbing, and I have no clue where to go or any insight to give him as far as good tides, good bait, how long to leave out his traps, depth of water, preferred bottoms for crabbing, etc.

Any advice and input you could provide will be extremely appreciated! We'll speak highly of you and toast you as we're dining on Puget Sound crabs . . .

Thanks again!

P.S. He's also absolutely slobbering to go salmon fishing, and has boxes of new tackle he's bought for this trip. I'm thinking of pointing in the direction of Jeff Head. Other thoughts about local spots in north Puget Sound? He and I are talking about maybe heading to Neah Bay for a few days this coming weekend.

Cheers!