I fished the Skagit up in Marblemount this afternoon. There were a bunch of folks on the Cascade so I headed back to the Skagit for some elbow room. Fished just downstream of the bridge (near the mouth of the Cascade). Didn't get any bites--I know my technique still needs work but I'd like to hear if anyone else on this board was in the area and had any luck. I could see a number of other fisherman throughout the afternoon from my vantage point, but none were close enough to ask how they were doing/what they were using except for a nice guy floating on a pontoon boat who'd had a number of hits w/pink & white corkie setups.

I tried 50/50 Dick Nites, several diff vibraxes (blue, green/black, pink, brass), and corkie/yarn jigs in white, pink, orange, and red. I know, I know... I have to put in my time on the rivers before I catch anything, so no complaints here. Just want to find out if I should be trying anything else.