Saturday I witnessed four guy's in a 16' alumaweld take the wrong way down the river into a log jam dumping them into the river,three made it to the log jam as one was stranded on the log that blocks the whole river.The man made it over to safety be shimmiing acrossed it.Luckely no one got hurt and we recovered the boat as the rower had a hold of an extra long bow rope that saved his boat.I casted my bobber rod loaded with 50lb tuff line over to the guy's on the jam,he tied the rope to my line and I reefed the line out from under the jam and got it to shore.By this time there was four boats and twelve guy's to help out.One guy tied the rope off to a log,then all of us pulled on the rope to free the boat from the jam then under the blocking log that runs all the way across the river.We then lowered the boat in the current down to a small gravel bar.We found two rods the net and anchor some beef jerky and two chrome bright kings that had been cleaned prior to the rescue.It was a good effort by everyone one who helped out.Up from reyanvanns about a mile or so there is a log that got lodged into the log jam during this high water as it wasn't there on saturday the 17th.I was warned about this at the ramp just before take off.You can't see it until your right on it.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE