I have logged in as Jon- JTD

Update for all.

We received some upsetting news today. I left work at noon to rush to the hospital where I am now. Erin is having heart problems caused by poor blood flow through the new liver. Her heart actually stopped today and there was a probability that heart failure was soon to follow. They attempted to install a heart bypass device that would regulate her heart beat in that event. Erin consequentally had a minor heart attack during the proceedure and the doctors removed the equipment. The doctor's then decided this afternoon that best course of action was immediate removal of the transplanted liver, installing a temporary bypass to buy some time (48hrs max.) and try and locate a second liver donor.

Here we are at 9:00pm and word has just come that a second liver has been located- another miracle on a roller coaster of a week! This liver is the correct blood type, coincedentally the same gender and age. We are awaiting final testing for possible disease and confirmation of harvest. The surgeon has left by helo for the proceedure.

The family is on pins and needles pending the scheduled 4:00am surgery.

I realize that this board has been made available for fishing topics, but as I have already opened the door for this community, therefore I have been compelled to follow through. Erin's chances have been compromised, more so by each invasive proceedure. In the event that Erin's surgery is unsuccessful, I am unsure whether it is appropriate to continue to post or not. I considered posting a poll but decided against. Feel free to PM me (JTD) if there are any strong feelings. (Bob?) either way is fine to me, feedback would be appreciated. the posts have been therepudic actually.

Parker- the dinner has been postponed for now, but it is no surprise that you have the answer again. You are definately an asset to this board. Thank you.

Thank you all for the thoughts, time and prayers.

Jody