AM,
I think you're right, I missed the dissing of the military. Anybody who says the Military is for the poor and uneducated , I would have to say is "uneducated" on the matter. I would love to take that person aboard one of the Aircraft Carriers that I served on, show them some of the equipment and systems that I worked on and then have them tell me I am uneducated. Or take them on an E2, look at the systems on that and then tell me that the 19 year old kid that fixes them and makes them fly is uneducated! Go down to the plant and tell the people down there, that can make a 100,000 ton vessel go , well let's just say in excess of 32 knots and a lot faster than you can really imagine a ship that size could go, and tell them they are uneducated.

If you think the military is for the poor and uneducated, come see me. Let's see if you can pass some of the tests that I have passed that advanced me to where I got in the military and allow me to work on some of the systems that I work on know, and then tell me I am uneducated. And not that financial wealth means squat to me about a persons character or usefullness to society, but I'll show you where I came from and where I am at, then see if you can say I am or was poor.

Oh Aunty, that someone would say that about our men and women of the armed forces really fires me up!