Stam, Stam, Stam...it was never meant to sound "easy". The fun comes easy, landing hawgs is a different matter. I hope we get a chance to hit it this weekend. Pray for a little rain.

Now a short list of crazy stuff I've seen this season.

1. I talked with Napoleon Dynamite. He had a 4 foot trout rod. I said "Napoleon that rods to small for those fish".

He says "What should I use?"

I say "A frickin' 12-gauge. What do you think?."

He just stares at me.

2. I help Ricky Bobby hook his first salmon. It swims straight away from him, wraps around a branch, does a 180 degree turn, swims right past Ricky Bobby, then spashes around 5 feet behind his back. It busts off. Ricky says "That other fish behind me destracted me, gawddang I almost had'em. Ow man I'll whip em next time." I like Ricky, he knows how to enjoy himself. My only objection is to his oversized Texas Rangers Jersey.

3. An 18 pound king swims right at me in 6 inches of water. Impulsively I fake left, fish goes right, and into the shallower water, I tail a completely bright fresh unhooked king. Someone tells me I violated the regs by fishing for kings with my bare hands. I was a little embarrased because he was right, but deep down I still think it was cool.

4. I watch a spincaster get ripped off the reel seat, smash into the first rod guide, and then CRACK, the 25 pound leader breaks and the sheeeetty little reel falls rightfully into the river. Large king shows his displeasure by tailwalking with spincast boys gear in his backside.

Always more to come

VHawk