EO #4 extends netting from the Tuesday night closure time until the planned Thursday opener. The EO also extends the Thursday time 1 hour to better fish the high tide.

Just spent a few minutes in the ADF&G office chewin' on the ear of George Pappas. The deputy director of ADF&G was calling at 11:00 AM to discuss the situation so my meeting was brief.

Basically, the sockeye numbers take precedent over king numbers, regardless if first or second run kings. The numbers are off the charts for being 17% of the way through the sockeye run (by historic date).

I asked why sport and / or PU limits have not been increased. Apparently, they can EO the crap out of it based on projections ... but until escapement is exceeded, nothing can be done on the other fisheries to increase take :rolleyes:

We are making some calls and gathering info right now ... it sounds like the ^&%( is hitting the fan from a number of sources, including the PU fisherman that have not been hit before. I'll post some more as I get more \:\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"