It was 25 years ago, off the caves at sekiu. Took my kids 7,10&13 with me for the first time. Last day of the trip & decided to fish the evening bite. One hour before dark, the rod buried into the water. I managed to get it out of the rod holder & handed it to my oldest son. After about 20 minutes he asked me to please take over:) Played the fish for another 15 minutes before it was time to net it.Pole in left hand & net in other I asked my son to put boat in neutral & I tried to bring it to the net.She took off again,this time for Canada and we gave chase. Asked oldest to put motor in neutral for another attempt at netting. Try as I might I couldn't get her to the net.After the third attempt,the VERY large salmon came unbuttoned and swam gracefully away. My kids were awstruct at its size and I was crushed.I went back to take over at the motor and sat down on the styrofoam cooler still half full of Brine and 8 dozen beutiful herring.As I sat at the bottom of the boat amongst all those herring floating around me and the most beutiful sunset I've ever witnessed, my kids ROARED with laughter and all I could do was join them. PS. Found out later, that every time I asked my son to put the kicker into neutral, he was putting it into reverse.We still laugh about it 25 yrs later!