Had a great afternoon chasing SRCs on a local beach. The particular spot i wanted to try is usually best at low tide so i waited until the end of the day to go and my friend was able to come along as well once he got off work.
While we were rigging up i saw a couple swirls so i knew some fish were around. Sure enough, 2nd cast i was rewarded with a little blackmouth. After that i was constantly into cutties, silvers and even one fish that i am pretty sure was a small chum but i am not positive. I ended up with around 15 fish for the two hours while my buddy struggled. We'd switch spots, flies, rods and it just didnt matter... he had some bad mojo goin on for some reason. He might need a slump buster ;\)
Caught one of the prettiest little cuts i have ever got in the salt. Which was a nice reward. picture below.... which is not very good, but the coloration and big spots really stood out on this lil guy. obviously fresh from the streams. The biggest fish we got was a blackmouth around 16 with several silvers around 14 or 15 and one cut that was about that size. A great afternoon.
all the fish came on a little clouser. Olive and white... and i got a few on a cone head half and half i have started to tie. I didnt have any poppers but it would have been a great day to fish them. VEry aggressive fish and some chum fry around as well....