I went down to the local planter pond after work today for a couple of hours. Didn't want to plunk so decided to cast some of my favorite trolling lures. Started out with the floating rapala that usualy knocks em dead but they werent in the mood for that. So I switched to a deep diving rapala. Two casts and got wedged in the rocks or hooked a log and lost the lure. Went back to the floater and got a strike. Saw a couple of plunkers catch some little ones on powerbait. Water was a little dingy so I thought I would put something a little more flashy and colorful. I switched to a blue fox spinner with a yellow tail. I made a couple of cast with that then I got to talking to one of the plunkers for a while. He decided to leave and three casts after he left I hooked into a 16" bow. It put up a pretty good snuff for a hatchery jumbo. That was it though, I didn't get another bight.

I saw this one guy catch two little planters and put them on his stringer. He let them sit their for an hour or so the he got up pulled the fish off the striger an put them back in water. The poor bastards were out there belly up. I gues the guy felt sorry for them or something becuase he tried to revive them by throwng sticks and rocks at them. What a knuckle head.

Another guy was having a decent day casting and he had about four of the jumbo's they have planted in there. The thing is that the rules say you cant retain more than two over 13" out of this pond. What a knuckle head.

I wanted to ask these guys why they were doing what they were doing but I just kept right on a casting. Does anybody here confront people when thet are doing stuff like this?

j7 2012