I received this information from one of our regular readers (and muskie enthusiasts), Don Wittenberger:

Mike:

The Director of WDFW has appointed me to the Inland Fish Policy Advisory Group. This board provides citizen feedback to the department on freshwater fisheries management policies.

I asked to be appointed to this board to speak for the interests of our state's tiger musky fishermen. Many of the board members represent clubs or organizations, but there is no musky club in our state, so I was appointed as an individual fisherman. So far as I know, I'm the only board member speaking on behalf of the tiger musky fishery.

Therefore, if your readers who are interested in this species have specific ideas or concerns they want to bring to the attention of WDFW fish managers, and would like to contact me, they can reach me at dwitt546@aol.com or try to call me at 206-542-1268. Emails should have "Inland Policy Group" or "tiger muskies" or something to that effect in the subject line, so I don't delete it as spam.

Don Wittenberger
Seattle

And an update message from Don:

A catch-and-release rule request is being prepared for submission and angler support for it is needed. Please feel free to contact me and also to let WDFW know your views on this subject.

And from Mike:

Let's help Don and have our voices be heard. If this is something you'd support, please contact WDFW and let them know.