Just got back.

34 hours in a bear blind with him on this quest, saw two on days two and three, nothing on days 5-7. Got mine in an hour on day four when he had school, as I've told him numerous times. ;\)

He is a trooper, and he is doing great. Imagine any 11/12 year old, sitting in a blind freezing his butt off. He hasn't complained once, we share an MRE, he sits still, doesn't fidgit, drinks a few pops, and has a great sense of humor. He draws down on every crow that lands nearby, and has had his rifle on the bipod the whole time, except for the few pee breaks (milk jugs have another purpose). If had let him shoot every crow that came by, we'd have a pickup load of them. Good practice anyway, aiming at live game and following them with the sights.

Even without any bears, we're having a good time. They are out there, and Tater has been awesome about moving us around to different blinds. Some baits get hit, then we move there, and others get hit, like the one we were at previously. Musical blinds, but that is all part of hunting.

The only electonic gadget he has had the whole time is the red dot scope on the rifle. I got a shot of him today in the blind, I'll post it up tomorrow.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.