The New Year promises bold new adventures for this podunk country doc. Move over beloved Kenai River... KANEKTOK KINGS are in the cross hairs for Alaska 2009. An uninterrupted streak of annual reservations at Kenai Riverbend dating back to 1988 is about to go down in flames.

It's been 10 years since I first had an interest in this fishery. Even bought a 15 foot 10 wt Spey rod from Dec Hogan with the intention of honing sufficient casting skills to one day swing a big king fly across one her productive runs.

To date, I have taken every available West Coast salmonid on that rod (coho, pink, sockeye, searun cutt, steelhead, chum) but so far, not one of the target species I originally bought it for.

All of that is about to change this summer, as the Kanektok is THE premier fly fishery for O. tschawytscha.

Just finished all of my on-line reservations for a selfish dream trip. Can't wait for that first BIG grab!

Attachments
11-17-07 Cabelas 9.jpg

09-23-07 Single Spey 2 - The Loop.jpg

09-23-07 Single Spey 3 - The Launch.jpg

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!