Originally Posted By: Beezer
I love mine and the Sol Duc didn't do a thing to it. I supect it will be the only db I'll ever own. Ron is semi-retired now but I bet you can still get one built to suit you.

Lavro isn't the only driftboat I will ever own, in 1969 I built a wooden driftboat that I used for a couple of years. It was heavy and strong and hard to maneuver. When I saw the Lavro boats I bought one, serial number 004, a 14 foot boat with no rear deck. I think it was 1971 or 72, Ron was making them in the attached garage of his house and I think that was only the second one he had sold. The lifetime bottom guarantee and light weight was what sold me. I used it on most of the rivers in Western Washington and for a few years on the rivers around Corvallis Oregon. In 1979 I had some interest in multi day whitewater trips so I bought a 16 foot Lavro and gave the 14 footer to a friend in P.A. It has been on all of the steelhead rivers in Western Washington over the years and the Deschutes and Owyhee in Oregon. It has been on a lot of rocks and bumped a few logs, the bottom looks like it was cleaned with a chainsaw, but it doesn't leak. I always think I might get to use that lifetime guarantee but I might not outlast the boat. It has always been stored outside, the weather hasn't improved it's appearance but it still is a good functional boat. I know at least one person who took their 16 foot Lavro through the Grand Canyon, there are probably more, so they can handle big water as well as skinny rivers.