4Salt,
How high do you think it should be? And I love how these people talk about giving tax cuts to big oil, microsoft and the like when they talk about it. I will tell you for sure I am not big oil or bill gates. 250,000 is cut for husband and wife. Take no account of 12years of education for each me and my wife and 2,000,000 debt. 35% is plenty for the fed to take from us as we will be 50 before we get out of debt. Then they take payrole, SS, L&I, health insurance, capital gains, and all the other B.S.
You want to tax big oil because they got 300 bil in profit, go ahead. But dont tell me that I am some rish SOB and dont pay my share when half the country pays nothing and I give over a 1/3 of all I make now. That arguement is old and tired. We are not all "multi-millionaires" living on the beach in Cape Cod. Not only big oil and corp fat cats get hit by this tax hike and if you dont.....Good for you, but if you did you would sing a different tune and 35% is plenty for me to pay.