Been a tuff season so far this year for the kid and I. Lot's of miles covered and nothing to show for it.

Had a little fork skylined opening morning, but wouldnt let the kid take the shot. No backdrop = unsafe, the kid was upset, but understood what he learned in his hunting safety course and understood.

Today things finally came together for us.

Started hiking in behind a locked gate on private timberland at 6:30 this morning. It's a couple of miles in to the area we wanted to be and we wanted to be there at daylight. Had planned on a 10 plus mile loop, and were supposed to meet one of my buddies at the top and decide who's rig we were going to hunt to from there.

We where we wanted to be 20 minutes before daylight, but the fog was thick. So we decide to keep moving up the hill to hopefully get out of the fog.

Just as it's getting light, I see something that doesnt look right. Put the binoc's up, and see that it's a buck.

Lessoned learned for me, never tell my kid.....THERE'S A BUCK!

They die in under .00001 seconds. rofl

I didnt have time to take my safety off, and that buck was on the ground.

The kid made a good shot, freehand about 80 yards.

Crappy cell phone pic.

Another lessoned learned.

Don't forget the deer cart! We usually pack the deer cart up to another gate and hide it in the reprod. For some stupid reason, I forgot it this morning. 3+ miles of dragging is evident in this pic.....Road rash tell's no lies. rofl

This old man is tired but proud. Kenny is 14 and this is his third buck in 3 years.

Out to fill my tag tomorrow.

Rusty Bell