Hi
I'm planning my buddies belated bachelor's party for this spring down on the Columbia. The plan is to come down for 3 or 4 days to fish the CR and tribs for springers, and maybe steelhead in the afternoon if we have time. We'd like to be able to do the troll/anchor fishery around Longview/Portland but are flexible to follow the fish. I'd rather not do the circus at Drano if possible. The problem is that I've got 4 guys schedules I need to coordinate for timeoff and such, and with the nature of the springer seasons not even being set yet, and with it being a quota fishery, I'd like to know if anyone has input on the peak time to be down there historically for that fishery. Obviously I'd like to get us all into some fish, so I'd like to wait for the run to build. However I also don't want WDFW to shut it down the day we head down there. Any advice on a safe bet for a 3 or 4 day window where we will find fish without risking that it will be closed? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by COOPDUCK (01/07/11 12:18 PM)