If any of you remember that, "A Hypothetical," post I started a while back, I'm happy to announce that that chit is no longer a hypothetical. I'm gonna be heading down to Belize (shout out to Kaiser D for your suggestion) in a month or so on a one way ticket, and see where things go from there.

From the research that I've done, the best all around fly set up for the fish down there will be a 9wt. I've heard that may be a little light for tarpon, but should handle most everything else. Oh, it's also got to be a 4 piece because it needs to fit in my backpack. A rod and reel package would be nice, but if you have one and not the other, I'd still be interested to hear about it. So I just wanted to see if anyone had anything lying around that they don't use that they want to get rid of. I'm on a budget, so I'm not looking for the top of the line, but something that will hold up to some solid fishing for a a couple few months or longer. If it would be helpful for you, I'd be 100% willing to work out some kind of deal to trade manual labor if you have any projects around the house. Plus cash if the project wasn't enough. I have experience in various types of construction, so I know how to run a saw/power tools. I've also done some commercial fishing in AK, so if it's just straight up grunt work, I can do that too.

Or, if anyone has any suggestions on a brand new decent setup that won't totally break the bank (really hoping to spend no more than 400 or so), I'm all ears. Thanks for anything, ideas or otherwise, that you may have.

One other thing, now that I'm out of the office world, my innermet time has dropped off drastically (which is awesome, I might add). I'll try to check in here as often as possible but if I don't get right back to you, it's because I'm just not on here very much. PM's are welcome, too.

-Cheers, Andy