Now that the salmon season is opening Monday, I can let the cat out of the bag! If you want to catch some really nice Cutthroat, head out to lake Samammish. I've been nailing the sheit out of them.They've been running 17" to 22". They are fat and tear it up. I see guys fishing the middle of the lake all day long.I haven't seen to much action going on out there. Maybe it's cause I've been pre occupied with catching fish. I've been staying in close to the docks in 30 feet of water and running my down rigger at 10 ft.I run pop gear and an Uncle Wes' worm troll 24" behind the popgear. I set my gear at least 80 ft behind the boat. My best action has been on the East side of the lake.
The few fish that I've kept have puked up alot of tiny bait fish into the cooler.
Oh ya, put a full night crawler on. Seams that they ignore things if ya run just a half of one.
also, the Worm Troll I use is the silver blade with red dots on the inside.
Easy Limits, if you're reading this, you gotta try this fishery. These fish feed on trout you been getting out of Lake Washington. :p (just a little ribbing) If anyone wants more info, e-mail me. laugh