I've never done any NFA stuff, but I see a lot of complaining on other boards about the local Chief sign off, etc, etc.
I C&P'ed this from one of those boards and I wondered if this guy knows what he is talking about ?
Can you leave that check box open even if you are an individual ?

If you apply for a stamp and checkmark INDIVIDUAL, yes, you'd need your cheif law enforcement officer signature, prints and passport photo and with a revokable trust, you don't.

I have 5 tax stamps including 2 short barrel rifles, 2 homemade silencers, and a transferable machine gun. Never once did I have to explain why I needed any of it.

And if you are asked "why", all you have to say is: To exersize my second amendment rights. End of discussion.

If it's legal in your state, and if you can own any other firearm, you're allowed to own NFA items too. It's just a lot of people are truly ignorant of that (and it shows)

Just FWIW, I have heard a lot of talk lately about the NFA branch considering dropping the LEO signoff requirement since the FBI does extensive background checks before approval anyway.

Edited by Direct-Drive (04/09/11 09:31 PM)