Quote:
My guess is the Wynoochie is going to be an experiment river to see what happens

Nothing really to experiment about......it has a dam, a fish trap below the dam, fish that are passed over the dam AND a couple million in mitigation money that has been lying dormant for a couple decades while TCL and WDFW sit on their collective butts refusing to do anything with said money.

Meanwhile, escapements yo-yo year to year depending largely on the intensity of netting that year, ocean survival and, of course, poaching. Personally, I think the frustration level with local anglers is such that it's turning a lot of honest guys into poachers because they are fed up with the lack of action regarding salmon on the Nooch. Not condoning, just say'n.

It's a real dome scratcher. Every NOF I've attended over the last several years has had the Wynoochee salmon seasons brought up and WDFW continually evades the tough questions asked of them regarding the river. They don't seem to have a plan or if they do they haven't learned how to communicate it to the public yet.

Weird.

Edited by Eric (09/05/11 07:41 PM)