He is doing great, I agree with you Mr Vedder... Just when I was his age I would have RAN to the stand.

smile

There is no question he worked hard for this buck. He spent nineteen hours in various stands, endured heat, cold, potentially dangerous animals and being alone. His commitment was clear to me and he deserves all the accolades.

He was very excited at the time and is still excited now. He isn't particularly remorseful but I guess the question will be how excited he will be next year when the season opens. Time will tell.

Thanks to a girl in his class and Facebook, the whole school knows where he was during the first two days of school. The vast majority of the response has been positive except, according to Jake, one teacher openly disapproved in class. I suggested he ask that teacher what they would do if Albertson's closed... starve? Knowing Jake, he will just let it slide.

Opinions? Strategy? Should I just let it slide too?
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.