BILL W: i tried for smallmouth in banks, and plan to do so again this week, but at a different location. no bites where i fished, but then i have no clue about whether i was fishing in an area that held smallies.

gonna try a shallow weedy area next. i thought that would be largemouth country, but someone told me to fish along the outer edge of the weeds for smallies. i'll try floating a senko down along the weed beds and see what happens.

good luck to ya at neah bay toward the end of this month. and also on banks in early july.

back to banks lake… at coulee playland they sell a fairly decent topo/depth map of banks, for about $6. sort of a plasticized multiple-folded paper that looks like it will hold up for quite a while. published by "FISH-n-MAP CO." , with no address, phone, or web site mentioned on the map. it has LAT/LONG info in case you use a GPS, and indicates depth at 10 foot intervals. while i can see that it is not as precise as a coast-and-geodetic-survey navigational chart, nevertheless i am glad to have it and would recommend it to you or anyone interested in a general idea of the submerged structure on banks.

if you are interested in asking coulee playland if they would mail one to you, their phone is 888 633 2671. by the way, on the other side of the map is lake washington!

john