Originally Posted By: stonefish
D3 & Stam,
Please ask your buddies at Redington to introduce a rod with the same action of the now discontinued CPS. wink
The newer CPX just doesn't compare to the good old CPS models.....
Thanks,
SF

+1,000,000. And, if it's not too much trouble, please ask them to tell their next door neighbors (Sage) to bring back the SP series as well. If necessary, they can wrap the blanks with different colors and call it the "TWO." Now there is a rod I might scratch together funds to buy.

Despite the general insanity of today's fly rod market, I would echo the sentiments of those who stomach the annoying marketing drivel and high prices that come with Sage rods for the sake of owning outstanding fly rods that are built by an AMERICAN company with a high standard of customer service. Same goes for Redington, but more on the basis of their outstanding service, as I understand most or all of their blanks are being manufactured in China these days. Sage/Redington are the same company anyway, aren't they? Last time I sent a rod in for repair, the invoice was from a company of an entirely different name, which I suspect would be the parent corporation? If so, now that they are a conglomerate, does that mean I have to start villainizing them? confused