Thanks Bill for heading out. Thanks also for bringing her out. Definitely had some monsoon rains for Lindsey to hunt in. Unfortunately that was the worst rain during the day.

My friend Jim Bain and I had talked about doing this over the past few years, and we had released a few birds on his property for the boys to hunt. Once we started growing our own pheasants I told Jim that we would provide the birds for the hunt.

Well, today in the spirit that Jim had intended ,we held a kids only pheasant hunt. I brought 20 pheasants and 4 quail for 10 kids to hunt. None of them had ever taken a pheasant and a few had never hunted before.

17 pheasants and 3 quail hit the ground dead, and every single kid had some success, getting at least one bird. Looks like we planted just a few birds foe next year.

My Ducks Unlimited group tossed in a few hundred dollars for the kids, and some hats and other bling, so each kid walked away with a bird or two, a memory of a safe first hunt, and some bling to show their friends.

Sadly, I had called Jim a few days after my pheasants had just started laying and we would would be having a hunt this year. He passed a few days later.

Well, Jim. As you wanted, we got a lot of kids started in hunting pheasants today. Wish you could have been there.

I'll post some pictures as I get them from the parents. The hunt was held on a property about a half mile from the back side of Jim's 90 acres.

Here is the quarry for the day, all loaded up.

Here is Cedar napping after putting up most of the birds today.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.