Ho'Boy..I've known Bathtub Bob since like forever...He really has this fishing thing going on night and day. It's just like a hot blooded fever for him.... I still wish I had it in me....It was truly my pleasure to drive a hundred miles each way and bring some of my over abundant spring kings and halibut catch I brought home from outside Ketchikan down to him for his son's wedding reception in like 1990.

Hell he was there laughing at me the day the damn rain washed out my new Stetson and thus coined the now infamos name...Black Bart...He taught me so much about fishing when I was a darn newbie so many years , that's one debt i'll never be able to repay.

Never will forget the day when his brother Jerry was anchored just below the Fuller Hill Launch, like 5 hours before daylight as usual, in what they used to call the boil. Twas just a tight little place to anchor up when the water below the mouth of the Satsop was dirty to fish. Bathtub Bob was a bit late for the morning launch and here he comes...Down from the other side of the river, A really high bank afair, cussing like hell, sliding down through the freakin' blackberry bushes on a very wet morning, holding his Kunan rod that I had just re-wraped, trying to reach the swollen banks and get in the boat his brother Jerry had anchored several hours before the tide brought the fish up on a cloudy river day. Geeze, good thing Dr. Stro was there to stitch him up. Talk about a guy who had just tried to harvest honey out of a hornets nest, Ho'Boy...Just too darn funny.

Damn...those are true mammories....

Cheers...Marv

Edited by Black Bart (11/01/11 08:10 AM)