I hunted 2 years here during the modern season back in the early 90's and almost gave up on hunting all together, to many people, I grew up pushing brush to get whitetails to move so that what I tried here and ended up having people shoot in my direction at deer I busted.....never again. I have Bow hunted since 94, have taken many deer, 3 elk and a Boone and Crocket bear with a compound.
Draw backs.......If you do not have the time to dedicate to getting proficient with your bow, go muzzle loader, I shoot at least 10,000 arrows a year, in all weather conditions so that I take my animal cleanly, with 1 arrow.
The enjoyment is immeasurable and the oppertunities that don't quite pan out are frustrating but there is no better hunt than right around the rut in early season, bulls bugling around you, in their natural state.
My wife took up muzzle loading and then converted to archery and will tell you that it is a lot more work but makes it all worth while when you get in close enough to see the slobbber dripping out of the corner of a bull's mouth before you release the arrow.
I have a saying that any person can pick up a sighted scoped rifle and take an animal at 200 plus yards, it takes a real hunter to get 20 yards from a herd of elk and make the shot.